Автор: Bach M.
Expert Consolidation in Oracle Database 12c is your key to reducing data management costs and increasing data center efficiency. Consolidation and cloud computing are converging trends sweeping the industry. The same technologies enabling cloud computing enable consolidation as well, leading to savings on all fronts from the amount of power used for servers to the amount of floor space consumed to the number of administrators needed to manage an installation. Yet the consolidation process can be a long and winding road. Success requires planning, and consideration to the impacts on supporting infrastructure.Expert Consolidation in Oracle Database 12c guides you through planning and implementing a consolidated Oracle Database installation using the many new features built into the latest release of Oracle’s database management system. You’ll learn to identify candidates for consolidation and to recognize instances that are best left stand-alone. The book guides in working with clustered systems and ASM storage in the consolidated environment. Focus is given to Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control as a monitoring and management dashboard. Always the goal is to drive towards a cost-effective environment that is efficient both in technology and people.
- Focuses on the new consolidation features in Oracle Database 12c
- Helps you evaluate and correctly decide when to consolidate
- Leads to cost savings and improved data center efficiency
What you’ll learn
- Master the new consolidation and cloud features in Oracle Database 12c
- Correctly decide when to consolidate and when to remain standalone
- Reduce cost by reducing demand for rack space, power, and floor space
- Streamline administration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control
- Ensure the correct supporting infrastructure for a rock-solid environment
- Safeguard your new consolidate infrastructure from disaster and data loss
Who this book is for
Expert Consolidation in Oracle Database 12c is aimed at database administrators involved in consolidation efforts, or who are interested in exploring Oracle Database 12c’s strong support for consolidation and cloud computing.
Скачать книгу из интернета: