Автор: Brendan Gregg, Jim Mauro
Издательство: Prentice Hall
Год: April 11, 2011
The Oracle Solaris DTrace feature revolutionizes the way you debug operating systems and applications. Using DTrace, you can dynamically instrument software and quickly answer virtually any question about its behavior. Now, for the first time, there's a comprehensive, authoritative guide to making the most of DTrace in any supported UNIX environment--from Oracle Solaris to OpenSolaris, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD.
Written by key contributors to the DTrace community, DTrace teaches by example, presenting scores of commands and easy-to-adapt, downloadable D scripts. These concise examples generate answers to real and useful questions, and serve as a starting point for building more complex scripts. Using them, you can start making practical use of DTrace immediately, whether you're an administrator, developer, analyst, architect, or support professional.
The authors fully explain the goals, techniques, and output associated with each script or command. Drawing on their extensive experience, they provide strategy suggestions, checklists, and functional diagrams, as well as a chapter of advanced tips and tricks. You'll learn how to
- Write effective scripts using DTrace's D language
- Use DTrace to thoroughly understand system performance
- Expose functional areas of the operating system, including I/O, filesystems, and protocols
- Use DTrace in the application and database development process
- Identify and fix security problems with DTrace
- Analyze the operating system kernel
- Integrate DTrace into source code
- Extend DTrace with other tools
This book will help you make the most of DTrace to solve problems more quickly and efficiently, and build systems that work faster and more reliably.
Скачать книгу из интернета: