Автор: Charles Dye
Издательство: O'Reilly Media
Формат: Печатный (отличное, отсканированный текст)
Any organization that uses the Oracle relational database management system (RDBMS) these days needs to use multiple databases. There are many reasons to use more than a single database in a distributed database system:
· Different databases may be associated with particular business functions, such as manufacturing or human resources.
· Databases may be aligned with geographical boundaries, such as a behemoth database at a headquarters site and smaller databases at regional offices.
· Two different databases may be required to access the same data in different ways, such as an order entry database whose transactions are aggregated and analyzed in a data warehouse.
· A busy Internet commerce site may create multiple copies of the same database to attain horizontal scalability.
· A copy of a production database may be created to serve as a development test bed.
In a distributed database environment, data in two or more databases is accessible as if it were in a single database. Usually, the different databases are on different servers, which may be located at the same site or a continent away. Communication between the servers takes place via SQLNet (for Oracle7) or Net8 (for Oracle8).Distributed database environments offer a number of benefits over single- database systems, including:
· Platform autonomy
· Fault tolerance
· Location transparency
· Site autonomy
This book describes how you can use multiple databases and the distributed features of Oracle to best advantage. It covers:Table of contents:
Part I: The Distributed System
· Introduction to Distributed Database Systems
Net and Net8
· Configuration and Administration
· Distributed Database Security
· Designing the Distributed System
· Oracle's Distributed System Implementation
· Sample Configurations 8. Engineering Considerations
Part II: Replication
· Oracle Replication Architecture
· Advanced Replication Option Installation
· Basic Replication
· Multi-Master Replication
· Updateable Snapshots
· Procedural Replication
· Conflict Avoidance and Resolution Techniques
Part III: Appendixes
Appendix A: Built-in Packages for Distributed Systems
Appendix B: Scripts
Скачать книгу из интернета: