Автор: Sam Alapati, Darl Kuhn, Bill Padfield
Формат: PDF (Изначально электронное)
Performance problems are rarely "problems" per se. They are more often "crises" during which you’re pressured for results by a manager standing outside your cubicle while your phone rings with queries from the help desk. You won’t have the time for a leisurely perusal of the manuals, nor to lean back and read a book on theory. What you need in that situation is a book of solutions, and solutions are precisely what Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Recipes delivers.
Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Recipes is a ready reference for database administrators in need of immediate help with performance issues relating to Oracle Database. The book takes an example-based approach, wherein each chapter covers a specific problem domain. Within each chapter are "recipes," showing by example how to perform common tasks in that chapter’s domain. Solutions in the recipes are backed by clear explanations of background and theory from the author team. Whatever the task, if it’s performance-related, you’ll probably find a recipe and a solution in this book.
- Provides proven solutions to real-life Oracle performance problems
- Offers relevant background and theory to support each solution
- Written by a team of experienced database administrators successful in their careers
What you’ll learn
- Optimize the use of memory and storage
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot problems
- Identify and improve poorly-performing SQL statements
- Adjust the most important optimizer parameters to your advantage
- Create indexes that get used and make a positive impact upon performance
- Automate and stabilize using key features such as SQL Tuning Advisor and SQL Plan Baselines
Who this book is for
Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Recipes is aimed squarely at Oracle Database administrators. The book especially appeals to those administrators desiring to have at their side a ready-to-go set of solutions to common database performance problems.
Скачать книгу из интернета: