Автор: Shumin Guo
We are facing an avalanche of data. The unstructured data we gather can contain many insights that could hold the key to business success or failure. Harnessing the ability to analyze and process this data with Hadoop is one of the most highly sought after skills in today’s job market. Hadoop, by combining the computing and storage powers of a large number of commodity machines, solves this problem in an elegant way!
Hadoop Operations and Cluster Management Cookbook is a practical and hands-on guide for designing and managing a Hadoop cluster. It will help you understand how Hadoop works and guide you through cluster management tasks.
This book explains real-world, big data problems and the features of Hadoop that enables it to handle such problems. It breaks down the mystery of a Hadoop cluster and will guide you through a number of clear, practical recipes that will help you to manage a Hadoop cluster.
We will start by installing and configuring a Hadoop cluster, while explaining hardware selection and networking considerations. We will also cover the topic of securing a Hadoop cluster with Kerberos, configuring cluster high availability and monitoring a cluster. And if you want to know how to build a Hadoop cluster on the Amazon EC2 cloud, then this is a book for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Defining your big data problem
- Designing and configuring a pseudo-distributed Hadoop cluster
- Configuring a fully distributed Hadoop cluster and tuning your Hadoop cluster for better performance
- Managing the DFS and MapReduce cluster
- Configuring Hadoop logging, auditing, and job scheduling
- Hardening the Hadoop cluster with security and access control methods
- Monitoring a Hadoop cluster with tools such as Chukwa, Ganglia, Nagio, and Ambari
- Setting up a Hadoop cluster on the Amazon cloud
Скачать книгу из интернета: