Автор: Knowledge Powerhouse
Год: September 5, 2016
This book contains tricky and nasty SQL interview questions that an interviewer asks. It is a compilation of advanced SQL interview questions after attending dozens of technical interviews in top-notch companies like- Oracle, Google, Ebay, Amazon etc.
Each question is accompanied with an answer because you want to save your time while preparing for an interview.
The difficulty rating on these Questions varies from a Junior level programmer to Architect level.
Introduction: SQL Tricky Interview Questions
This book contains tricky and nasty SQL interview questions that an interviewer asks. It is a compilation of advanced SQL interview questions after attending dozens of technical interviews in top-notch companies like- Oracle, Google, Ebay, Amazon etc. Each question is accompanied with an answer so that you can prepare for job interview in short time.
Often, these questions and concepts are used in our daily programming work. But these are most helpful when an Interviewer is trying to test your deep knowledge of SQL concepts.
How will this book help me?
By reading this book, you do not have to spend time searching the Internet for SQL tricky interview questions. We have already compiled the list of the most popular and the latest SQL Interview questions.
Are there answers in this book?
Yes, in this book each question is followed by an answer. So you can save time in interview preparation.
What is the best way of reading this book?
You have to first do a slow reading of all the questions in this book. Once you go through them in the first pass, mark the questions that you could not answer by yourself. Then, in second pass go through only the difficult questions. After going through this book 2-3 times, you will be well prepared to face a technical interview for Software Engineer position in SQL.
What is the level of questions in this book?
This book contains questions that are good for a Associate Software engineer to a Principal Software engineer. The difficulty level of question varies in the book from a Fresher to an Experienced professional.
What are the sample questions in this book?
- How can we retrieve alternate records from a table in Oracle?
- Given a list of student names and grade. Write a query to print a comma separated list of student names in a grade.
- Write SQL Query to get Student Name and number of Students in same grade.
- Write SQL query to delete duplicate rows in a table?
- Write SQL query to get the second highest salary among all Employees?
- Write SQL Query to get Employee Name, Manager ID and number of employees in the department?
- Write SQL query to get the nth highest salary among all Employees.
- Given an Employee table with Manager_ID as column, print First name, Manager ID and Level of employees in Organization Structure?
- Why is the difference between NVL and NVL2 functions in SQL?
- What is the difference between UNION and UNION ALL?
- What are the reasons for de-normalizing the data?
- What is a Pseudocolumn?
- How can you find 10 employees with Odd number as Employee ID?
- What is the difference between DELETE and TRUNCATE in SQL?
- Which SQL feature can be used to view data in a table sequentially?
- What are the differences between CASE and DECODE in SQL?
- Write a SQL Query to get the Quarter from date.
Скачать книгу из интернета: