Oracle RAC is Now Part of The World’s First Autonomous Database
- Self-Driving - User defines service levels, database makes them happen
- Self-Tuning - Continuous adaptive performance tuning
- Self-Scaling - Instantly resize compute and storage without downtime
- Self-Securing - Protection from both external attacks and internal users
- Self-Repairing - Automated protection from all downtime
Shared Storage Fundamentals
• Shared storage is the top requirement for Oracle RAC.
• Block storage that is supported as shared storage for RAC by
the storage vendor and the server vendor is supported for RAC.
• Exceptions prove the rule.
– Shared File System require certification.
– Storage solutions may be subject to “special ruling”.
• Currently, No 3rd Party Public Cloud supports shared storage for RAC.
• Oracle ASM and ACFS are by far the preferred
storage management solutions for Oracle RAC.
• Caution: no Oracle provided tool can fully reliably check the
appropriate configuration of shared storage beforehand.