Автор: Andrea Gazzarini
Search is everywhere. Users always expect a search facility in mobile or web applications that allows them to find things in a fast and friendly manner.
Apache Solr Essentials is a fast-paced guide to help you quickly learn the process of creating a scalable, efficient, and powerful search application. The book starts off by explaining the fundamentals of Solr and then goes on to cover various topics such as data indexing, ways of extending Solr, client APIs and their indexing and data searching capabilities, an introduction to the administration, monitoring, and tuning of a Solr instance, as well as the concepts of sharding and replication. Next, you’ll learn about various Solr extensions and how to contribute to the Solr community. By the end of this book, you will be able to create excellent search applications with the help of Solr.
What You Will Learn (читая книгу, Вы научитесь)
- Index your data using formats such as XML, JSON, and CSV
- Manage, monitor, and tune a Solr instance
- Deploy Apache Solr in different environments, depending upon your project requirements
- Refine your search with various Solr client APIs
- Create custom components by leveraging the Apache Solr extension points
- Understand and utilize replication and sharding methods in a distributed search system
- Create and customize your own Solr instance for your project
Скачать книгу из интернета: