Автор: Edwood Ng
Издательство: Packt Publishing
Over 70 hands-on recipes to quickly and effectively integrate Lucene into your search application
About This Book (о чем эта книга)
- Make the most of Lucene by understanding its philosophy and leveraging the data searching capability of your application
- Explore techniques to design scalable and succinct search applications
- Packed with clear, step-by-step recipes to walk you through the capabilities of Lucene
Who This Book Is For (для кого эта книга)
This book is for software developers who are new to Lucene and who want to explore the more advanced topics to build a search engine. Knowledge of Java is necessary to follow the code samples. You will learn core concepts, best practices, and also advanced features, in order to build an effective search application.
What You Will Learn (чему научит Вас книга)
- Explore the best practices to make the most of your search application
- Create and write documents in an index
- Customize scoring and boosting in your application to influence search results
- Expand Lucene's functionality, such as spatial searching and faceting with add-on modules
- Load and initialize the library and build a search index of data
- Understand trading between NRT latency and throughput
- Optimize your search applications by employing features such as near real-time (NRT) search
In Detail (подробно о книге)
Lucene 4 Cookbook is a practical guide that shows you how to build a scalable search engine for your application, from an internal documentation search to a wide-scale web implementation with millions of records. Starting with helping you to successfully install Apache Lucene, it will guide you through creating your first search application. Furthermore, the book walks you through analyzing your text and indexing your data to leverage the performance of your search application. As you progress through the chapters, you will learn to effectively search your indexes and successfully employ real-time searching.
The chapters start off with simple concepts and build up to complex solutions that should help you on your way to becoming a search engine expert.
Скачать книгу из интернета: