Автор: Somesh Soni
Издательство: Packt Publishing
Год: July 6, 2017
- Get this detailed, highly practical guide to help you perform efficient administration with Splunk
- This use case rich guide connects your complex administration needs with the best possible solution
- Using hands-on examples, you'll get prepared for the Splunk administration exam
With the increasing focus on machine data, otherwise referred to as big data, Splunk software offers a vast, investigative platform that allows you to get broad business insights and real-time security intelligence. Acquiring and mastering best administration practices from the beginning of your installation and onward will not only empower you by increasing your knowledge, but will also help ensure the time you dedicate to this advantageous software is worthwhile.
This book aims to take your limited knowledge of Splunk administration to the next level by teaching you how to fully utilize the power of various components, troubleshoot complex configuration, and manage the overall Splunk environment efficiently. This step-by-step guide will take you through the basics of Splunk administration and beyond into other crucial areas, such as monitoring and securing your Splunk installation.
With this book, you will learn how to create, deploy, and manage multisite clusters for high availability. Moreover, you'll delve into the intermediate and advanced functionality of forwarder management, application deployment best practices, and optimizing search options. The combination of instructions and real-world examples throughout this book will ensure your Splunk administration success.
What you will learn
- From installation to monitoring, best practices, and configuration details, get to know everything you need to know to become Splunk admin certified
- Design an environment to work in and analyze machine generated data with the Splunk base and apps
- Evaluate when to cluster a Splunk indexer
- Set up and utilize forwarders to retrieve data from your system
- Use the Splunk deployment server to host and deploy apps to various components within the infrastructure
- Improve your Splunk environment's security by seeing how to limit access and configure various areas of your Splunk infrastructure
- Improve your knowledge of search performance methodology
Скачать книгу из интернета: