Автор: Marko Maslac, Antun Peicevic
Издательство: CreateSpace Independent
Год: May 1, 2016
This book was written to help you start working with Oracle VM VirtualBox, a free, open source, cross-platform application for creating, managing and running virtual machines. If you didn't previously work with a virtualization solution such as Oracle VM VirtualBox, this book is for you.
This book was written for people without much experience in the world of virtualization. Although the book presumes some knowledge about computer systems in general, it is customized for beginners. You will learn how to download, install, and manage virtual machines using Oracle VM VirtualBox. You will learn how to create, move, or delete a virtual machine, install a guest operating system inside a virtual machine, how to create and delete virtual disk, how to configure virtual networks, and much more.
Here is a list of topics covered in this book (материал данной книги охватывает следующие темы):
- Introduction to virtualization - what is virtualization, benefits of virtualization, what is Oracle VM VirtualBox, VirtualBox features.
- Installation - system requirements for VirtualBox, where to download your copy of the software, Windows and Ubuntu installations.
- Create virtual machines - what is a virtual machine, how to create a VM in VirtualBox, what is a guest operating system, what are Guest Additions.
- Use virtual machines - start and pause a VM, take a snapshot, restore a snapshot, clone a virtual machine
- Manage virtual machines - change the VM name, move a VM, display log files.
- Configure devices - add a DVD or CD-ROM drive, add a floppy drive, USB settings.
- Configure networking - what is virtual networking, configure NAT, bridged, host-only, and internal networking.
Скачать книгу из интернета: